Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small brick & mortar retail merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a merchant needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d' Ivoire, Zambia use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Country Product Manager, Reporting to Sr PM Internationalization & Localization
Wasoko is seeking an experienced, data-driven & highly technical product management professional with an extensive background in building & implementing B2B software solutions in Africa.
This role will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Take charge of the product vision and planning the roadmap for Wasoko’s success in Tanzania in close alignment with the product group at headquarters.
● Run frequent field trips and in person user research to deepen your understanding of the target customer personas and all aspects of our field operations.
● Perform in-depth analyses of
○ Local user cohorts in terms of key commercial metrics as well as attributes such as demographic, location, shop size, shop type etc. to guide your customer roadmap.
○ Supply chain systems from inwarding to the last mile to uncover opportunities for process improvements to drive efficiency gains.
● Draft detailed product requirements to cater to the needs of the users (external as well as internal) in Tanzania and participate in development sprints with engineering.
● Coordinate roll outs with technology stakeholders, tech support, product marketing and training.
●Measure & report success on implementations.
The ideal candidate has ≥ 5 years of experience in designing & implementing B2B software solutions and is well versed in the needs of informal retailers in Tanzania.
In addition, he or she possesses the following skills, traits & qualifications:
● University degree in Business, Computer Science and/or relevant equivalent experience
● Expert in agile product management practices and tools
● Experienced in developing applications for low end devices and poor connectivity environments
● Excellent verbal & written communication skills
● Diligent and forthcoming collaborator across multi-disciplinary teams